This event will explain the role played by transparency to ensure a competitive and open internal energy market, to benefit all Europeans; and demonstrate the ENTSO-E Transparency Platform
- When: Wednesday 28 January 2015, 16.30 to 18.00
- Where: ENTSO-E offices, ground floor, Avenue de Cortenbergh 100, 1000 Brussels.
- Who would be interested: Energy market participants, traders, analysts and academics, EU representatives, journalists.
- Speakers: Klaus-Dieter Borchardt, Director of the Internal Energy Market, European Commission; Jan Haizmann, Board Member and Chairman of the Legal Committee, EFET; Nick Winser, President, ENTSO-E and Executive Director, National Grid.
- Demonstration: real-life applications for market data on the ENTSO-E Transparency Platform
- Q&A session
- Refreshments: mingle and enjoy a selection of wines, cheeses and pre-dinner nibbles
An important component to the completion of the Internal Energy Market, transparency has positive effects on market competition and price formation by giving access equally to all market actors, particularly new entrants, thus levelling the playing field.
This in turn improves risk analysis and decision-making; increases competition; provides tools for market monitoring and regulation; and reduces possibilities for market manipulation, thus building trust, market stability and reducing wholesale electricity prices.
In compliance with Regulation (EU) No. 543/2013 on submission and publication of data in electricity markets, the ENTSO-E Transparency Platform was launched on 5 January 2015. The platform regroups fundamental market data into a one-stop view of pan-European electricity generation, consumption and cross-border transportation.
Register for the Event
Participation is free
of charge, but registration is required as places are limited. Please register
using the below form. Registration closes on Thursday 22 January. For further information, please contact Jane Banham.
Download a pdf version of the Event Invitation