When: Wednesday, June 28th 2017, from 18h30 on
Where: Representation of Saxony-Anhalt to the EU, Boulevard Saint Michel 80, B-1040 Brussels
The Clean Energy Package aims to integrate renewable energies into the European electricity system. But how will it affect those regions that already have a high share of renewable energy sources within their energy mix? Does the package take into account the different levels of progress regarding the energy transition? Or might it even undermine the successful energy transition in pioneer regions like Saxony-Anhalt? And how will the package affect the distribution of prosperity within the European Union?
We would like to discuss these and other questions at our evening event
|18h30||Welcoming address by Prof. Dr. Claudia Dalbert (Minister for Environment, Agriculture and Energy of the State of Saxony-Anhalt)|
|18h40||Keynote speech by Siem Bruijns (Managing Director TSCNET)|
|18h50||Opening speech by Boris Schucht (CEO 50Hertz)|
Panel discussion with
- Prof. Dr. Claudia Dalbert (Minister for Environment, Agriculture and Energy of the State of Saxony-Anhalt)
- Antonella Battaglini (CEO Renewables Grid Initiative)
- Prof. Dr. Klaus-Dieter Borchardt (Director Internal Energy Market, DG Energy, European Commission)
- Siem Bruijns (Managing Director TSCNET)
- Dr. Krišjānis Kariņš (Member of the European Parliament, EPP, Rapporteur for the Electricity Directive and Regulation)
- Boris Schucht (CEO 50Hertz)
Moderation: Christophe Leclercq, EurActiv
The event will be simultaneously translated (DE-EN, EN-DE).
Please register your interest by June 22 2017:
- at the following email address:
- by phoning
+32 (0) 2 741.09.31.
Only a limited number of places are available. We operate a first come first served policy.
Download the invitation